Skip to content
HOW TO PLAY
- Stick orange Target Marker to a smooth surface.
- Stand back at least 10ft.
- Take turns throwing toward the Target Marker.
- Team with the most points wins the round.
- Round winner takes Target Marker and chooses location for next round.
- Closest Popdart to Target Marker = 3 points
- Landing on the Wigglenobber Target Marker = 10 points
- Every other Popdart that sticks = 1 points
- “Cancellation Scoring” Example: 5 - 2 = 3
- 4 Player Team Scoring: Ex. If Team A scored 7 points and Team B scored 4, then Team A would win the round with 3 points [7 (Team A) - 4 (Team B) = 3 (Team A)].
- 4 Player Individual Scoring: ONLY THE TOP TWO PLAYERS POINTS ARE COUNTED IN A ROUND. It is scored by taking the top player's score minus the next highest player's score. Ex. Green (5 pts), Purple (3 pts), Yellow (2 pts), Blue (2 pts). Green would win the round with 2 points (5 Green - 3 Purple = 2 Green).
- Play to 21 and Keep on poppin’!
POPDARTS® OFFICIAL RULES
DETERMINE WHO GOES FIRST
- Rock Paper Scissors to determine who goes first.
- The winner chooses the first Target Marker location and the color of their team's Popdarts.
- There are three Popdarts per player and they are made of a different color to distinguish between players.
- The game is played with two or more players.
CALL YOUR SHOT
- To start a game, player one chooses a location with a smooth surface and places the Target Marker.
- Player one also calls the round parameters. For example: Player one places Target Marker on countertop and says, “You have to throw from behind the couch and it only counts if it sticks on the countertop.”
TAKE TURNS THROWING
- Once the parameters are set, the player that placed the Target Marker throws the first Popdart.
- Players take turns throwing their Popdarts with the objective of sticking closest to the Target Marker.
- Continue throwing until all Popdarts have been thrown.
HOW TO SCORE A ROUND
- After each team has thrown all of their Popdarts, the points will be awarded using “Cancellation Scoring”.
- “Cancellation Scoring” = The points of one team cancel out the points of the opponent. (Example: If the blue team scores 5 points and the green team scores 2 points then the blue team wins the round with 3 points.)
- Any Popdart that is not standing upright is considered a dead dart and will remain in play until the end of the round.
- Closest Popdart that sticks = 3 Points
- Each other Popdart that sticks = 1 Point
- Any Popdart that sticks and is touching the Target Marker = 1 additional point (Also, known as a Kiss)
- Wigglenobber™ (see term definitions) = Always worth double the points of the Popdart that it sticks to whether it lands on your team or your opponents.
- T-Bone (see term definitions) = While this is a very cool shot, it is not worth any additional points.
- The team that was awarded points in the previous round chooses the next Target Marker location.
- Each game consists of multiple rounds. The first team to reach or exceed 21 points WINS!
- In the event that the Target Marker falls before the round is over, the round is nullified and the team who placed the Target Marker on that poor surface loses possession. The opposing team is awarded one point for each Popdart that they have sticking at the time the Target Marker fell.
- Target Marker cannot remain in the same location for a consecutive round. The winner of each round must choose a new location.
- In the event that neither team gets a Popdart in play, the team who had possession of the Target Marker looses possession.
- In the event that the closest Popdart of each player is the same distance from the Target Marker, the two closest Popdarts in question will be rethrown by each team starting with the team who chose the Target Marker location. All other Popdarts will remain in play for the rethrow. All measurements should be made from the closest edge of the Popdarts' suction cup to the closest edge of the Target Marker’s suction cup.
TERMS AND DEFINITIONS
- Popdart®: Double sided suction cup dart
- Target Marker: Smaller orange piece
- Possession: The team in control of choosing the Target Marker location.
- Captain: The person on a team designated to coach and make all team decisions during a game.
- Dead Dart: A Popdart that is not standing upright. All dead darts must remain in play until the end of the round.
- Live Dart: A Popdart that is in play and standing upright.
- Wigglenobber™: The action of one Popdart sticking to another Popdarts' opposing suction cup.
- T-BONE: When a Popdart bounces off the playing surface and the center of the Popdart rests on top of a live dart.
- Kiss: When an upright Popdart is also touching the Target Marker.
- Shot Clock: The allotted time given for a team member to throw their Popdart. Once the opposing team's Popdart hits a surface and comes to a complete stop, the shot clock begins. The shot clock time allowed is 30 seconds.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.